Part of: Skellefteå museum Stängt för säsongen

Kågegården was built during the 18th century, perhaps as early as 1721, at Granden, Kåge. It is a timbered cottage, or so-called Västerbottensgård, with an entrance chamber. The typical västerbottensgård was only one floor from the beginning but was often built in the 19th century with a loft. Fireplaces were available for heating in kitchens and chambers, the rooms used daily. The front of the chamber was used as storage space while the hall could be arranged at holidays. Kågegården became the first building to be moved to Nordanå in 1930.

Kågegården has undergone many changes, from housing to exhibition hall and today a museum. You can visit the soaped floors, the hall and the open kitchen in summertime. Kågegården reflects the year 1904, when the Lundmark family lived in the building.

Contact information

93132 Skellefteå
Phone: +46-910735510


Opening hours

  1. TodayStängt för säsongen
  2. FridayStängt för säsongen
  3. SaturdayStängt för säsongen
  4. SundayStängt för säsongen
  5. MondayStängt för säsongen
  6. TuesdayStängt för säsongen
  7. WednesdayStängt för säsongen

Kågegården is open daily from 26 June to 6 August at 12.00 - 16.00.

Price information

A visit to Kågegården is free of charge.

Public transportation